An Introduction to Alfuzosin Dosages
There is only one standard dose of alfuzosin
), regardless of your age or weight. As is always the case, do not adjust your alfuzosin dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
The recommended dosage of alfuzosin is one tablet (10 mg) once daily after a meal. It does not matter which meal you choose, but you should consistently take alfuzosin after the same meal each day.
General Alfuzosin Dosage Information
Some considerations for people taking alfuzosin include the following:
- Alfuzosin comes in the form of an extended-release tablet. It is usually taken by mouth once a day immediately after a meal.
- Do not take alfuzosin on an empty stomach, as it is best absorbed just after a meal.
- Swallow the tablets whole. Do no break, cut, or chew them, as this would release too much of the medication too quickly.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Alfuzosin will not work if you stop taking it.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage or alfuzosin dosing in general, please talk with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.