An Introduction to Your Dosage of Avanafil
The dose of avanafil
™) your healthcare provider recommends may vary, depending on a few factors, including how you respond to the medication and other medications you are taking. As is always the case, do not adjust your dosage unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
Recommended Avanafil Dosing Guidelines
The usual recommended starting dose for erectile dysfunction
is avanafil 100 mg as needed, about 30 minutes prior to sexual activity. People who are taking certain other medications will be started on avanafil 50 mg (see Drug Interactions With Avanafil)
Your healthcare provider may increase your dose to 200 mg or decrease it to 50 mg, depending on how you respond to the medication. You should use the lowest dosage that works for you.
General Information on Taking Avanafil
Some considerations to keep in mind during treatment with avanafil include the following:
- Avanafil comes in the form of a tablet. It is normally taken by mouth about 30 minutes prior to sexual activity.
- Do not use more than one tablet a day.
- This medication can be taken with or without food. Try taking it with food if it seems to bother your stomach.
- Avanafil will not cause an erection without sexual stimulation.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage or avanafil dosing in general, please talk with your healthcare provider or pharmacist.