Axiron Side Effects
Some side effects with Axiron are potentially serious and should be reported to your healthcare provider. These include but are not limited to:
- Hostility or rage
- Prostate cancer
- Worsening of benign prostatic hyperplasia, which may cause difficulty passing urine
- Any nausea or vomiting
- Changes in skin color
- Sleep apnea
- Signs of congestive heart failure, such as rapid weight gain, shortness of breath, and fluid retention
- Signs of liver damage, such as yellow eyes or skin (jaundice)
- Signs of an allergic reaction, such as:
- An unexplained rash
- Swelling of the mouth or throat
- Difficulty breathing.
You may experience some or none of the Axiron side effects listed in this article. Unfortunately, there is no way for your healthcare provider to know beforehand if you will have problems with a medicine that you have never tried.
Therefore, make sure to let your healthcare provider know if you develop any problems while using this medicine. Also, let your healthcare provider know if you develop something that "just does not seem right." While it may not be a side effect of Axiron, your healthcare provider will be able to diagnose and treat the problem.