Biotin Overdose

It is unlikely that a biotin overdose would cause serious problems, as biotin is a water-soluble vitamin and any excess is usually excreted through the urine. However, if you believe you have overdosed on biotin, seek immediate medical attention. Treatment for a biotin overdose (if necessary) will probably include supportive care (treating the symptoms that occur as a result of the overdose).

Overdosing on Biotin: An Overview

Biotin is a water-soluble B vitamin (also known as vitamin B7 or vitamin H). It is not known exactly what to expect from a biotin overdose, but it seems that a biotin overdose is unlikely to cause serious problems in most situations. However, if you happen to overdose on biotin, seek immediate medical attention.
 
As a water-soluble vitamin, biotin is not particularly dangerous in the case of overdose. Any excess is usually excreted through the urine, without causing any problems.
 

Treatment for a Biotin Overdose

Treatment for a biotin overdose (if necessary) will probably involve supportive care, which consists of treating the symptoms that occur as a result of the overdose. It is important that you seek medical attention immediately if you believe that you may have overdosed on biotin.
 
6 Ways Dogs Help People With Depression

Biotin Supplements

Referring Pages:
Terms of Use
Advertise with Us
Contact Us
About eMedTV
Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2006-2014 Clinaero, Inc.
eMedTV serves only as an informational resource. This site does not dispense medical advice or advice of any kind. Site users seeking medical advice about their specific situation should consult with their own physician. Click Terms of Use for more information.