Men Home > Axiron
Side Effects of AxironAs with any medicine, Axiron may cause side effects. However, not everyone who uses the drug will experience problems. In fact, most people tolerate it well.
- Armpit irritation
- Armpit redness
- An enlarged prostate (also known as benign prostatic hyperplasia, or BPH)
- Prostate cancer
- Breast cancer
- Heart disease
- Liver disease, such as hepatitis, cirrhosis, or liver failure
- Kidney disease, such as kidney failure (renal failure)
- Sleep apnea
- High blood calcium (hypercalcemia)
- Thyroid problems
- High cholesterol
- Any allergies, including to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Axiron and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Axiron and Breastfeeding).