Men Home > Side Effects of Doxazosin XL
While most people do not experience problems while using doxazosin XL, side effects can still occur. Common ones include headaches, dizziness, and respiratory tract infections. In most cases, side effects are minor and easily treated. However, contact your healthcare provider right away if you develop serious problems while using the drug, such as difficulty breathing, fainting, or chest pain.
An Introduction to Side Effects of Doxazosin XLJust like any medicine, doxazosin XL (Cardura® XL) can cause side effects. However, not everyone who uses the medication will have problems. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well. If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or are treated easily by you or your healthcare provider.
(This article covers many, but not all, of the possible side effects with doxazosin XL. Your healthcare provider can discuss a more complete list with you.)
Doxazosin XL Side Effects to ReportSome doxazosin XL side effects are potentially serious and should be reported immediately to your healthcare provider. These include but are not limited to:
- Fainting, which can be a sign of dangerously low blood pressure (hypotension)
- A painful penile erection that does not go away (priapism)
- New or worsening chest pain
- Severe constipation, especially if accompanied by severe abdominal (stomach) pain and vomiting (rarely, this type of extended-release tablet can cause intestinal blockages in certain susceptible individuals)
- Signs of an allergic reaction, such as:
- An unexplained rash
- Swelling of the mouth, lips, or throat
- Difficulty breathing.