Men Home > Methitest Overdose
If someone uses too much Methitest (methyltestosterone tablets), it could result in vomiting, water retention, and other problems. In addition, any of the drug's normal side effects could occur, and they may be more severe in nature. Treating this type of overdose would likely include supportive care to treat any symptoms that occur. Temporarily stopping the medication may also be necessary.
Methitest® (methyltestosterone tablets) is a prescription hormone replacement medication. It contains methyltestosterone. As with any medication, it is possible to take too much Methitest. The specific effects of an overdose will likely vary, depending on a number of factors, including the Methitest dosage and whether it was a single, one-time overdose or a chronically high dosage.
There has been one report of a serious effect (a stroke) possibly due to a massive overdose of an injectable form of testosterone. Similar problems could be possible with a large overdose of Methitest, although no such problems have been reported. Expected short-term problems include:
- Water retention, which would result in swelling in the legs and feet.
Of course, an overdose is likely to cause any of the usual Methitest side effects, perhaps to a greater extent. These side effects are most likely to occur when too high of a dosage is taken on a long-term basis. This is one of the reasons why it is important for your healthcare provider to adjust your dosage based on your testosterone levels rather than just based on your symptoms.
Treatment for a Methitest overdose involves supportive care, which consists of treating symptoms that occur as a result of the overdose. You may be advised to stop the medication as well, at least temporarily.
It is important that you seek medical attention immediately if you believe that you or someone else may have overdosed on Methitest.