Men Home > Methyltestosterone
Methyltestosterone ProductsMethyltestosterone comes in two approved forms: tablets (Methitest) and capsules (Testred). It also comes combined with ethinyl estradiol in a few different products for use in women (see Estratest or Covaryx for more information).
How Does It Work?Methyltestosterone contains a testosterone hormone that has been slightly altered. Testosterone itself is not usually given by mouth.
When and How to Take This MedicineSome general considerations to keep in mind during treatment with methyltestosterone include the following:
- The medication comes as a tablet or capsule that is taken at least once a day. Some people take this medication up to four times a day.
- You may take this medication with or without food. If it bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Do not increase your dosage or take it more frequently than prescribed without your healthcare provider's approval.
- The medical condition being treated
- How you respond to this medication
- Your testosterone levels
- Other medications you are taking
- Other medical conditions you may have.