Men Home > Propecia Dosage
The only dose of Propecia for the treatment of male pattern baldness is Propecia 1 mg once a day. Your dosage can be taken with or without food, but should be done so at the same time each day to maintain an even level in your system. Women who are pregnant or may be pregnant should not handle this medication.
There is only one dose of Propecia® (finasteride) for male pattern baldness -- Propecia 1 mg once daily.
As with any medication, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
Some considerations for people taking Propecia include the following:
- This medication should be taken at the same time each day.
- If you do not take your Propecia as scheduled, take your missed dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular schedule. Do not take a double dose.
- Your Propecia dosage can be taken with or without food. If the medicine bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- It may take as long as three months before results are seen.
- If you stop taking Propecia, the beneficial effects will wear off within one year.
- Women who are or may be pregnant should not touch broken or crushed Propecia tablets (see Propecia and Pregnancy for more information).
- For this drug to work properly, you have to take it as prescribed. Propecia will not work if you take it differently than how your healthcare provider prescribes.
- If you are unsure about anything related to dosing with Propecia, please talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist. Do not stop taking the medication without talking to your healthcare provider first.