Men Home > Silodosin
- Silodosin comes in capsule form. It is usually taken by mouth once a day with a meal.
- Be sure to take silodosin with the same meal each day. Also, do not take it on an empty stomach, as this could increase the level of the medication in your blood too much.
- If you have trouble swallowing capsules, you may open the capsules and sprinkle the medication on a tablespoon of room-temperature applesauce. The applesauce and medication should be swallowed without chewing, within five minutes. Do not use hot applesauce, and follow it with a glass of cool water.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Silodosin will not work if you stop taking it.
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may currently be taking.