Men Home > VigRX Plus and Pregnancy
VigRX Plus is not intended for use by women and may cause problems when used during pregnancy. VigRX Plus contains several active ingredients that have been shown to cause problems in a developing fetus, such as birth defects and abnormalities of external male genitalia. This supplement has never been shown to be safe or effective in any users and should not be used by pregnant women.
An Overview of VigRX Plus and PregnancyVigRX Plus™ (an herbal supplement used for "male enhancement") is not intended for use by pregnant women. In fact, it is not intended for use in women at all (pregnant or not). It is not known if the active ingredients in VigRX Plus are safe for pregnant women.
Is VigRX Plus Safe During Pregnancy?The following active ingredients in VigRX Plus could potentially cause problems when taken during pregnancy:
- Epimedium sagittatum extract (horny goat weed) -- May have testosterone-like activity, which could harm a developing fetus
- Tribulus terrestris -- May increase testosterone levels; may negatively affect brain development (based on studies in sheep)
- Ginkgo biloba -- May stimulate uterine contractions, may affect hormones, and can increase the risk of bleeding
- Ginseng -- May theoretically cause birth defects (based on animal studies of a certain compound in ginseng)
- Saw palmetto -- Affects certain hormones and might cause abnormalities of the external genitalia of male fetuses.