Benefits of Tribulus Terrestris
There are many claimed benefits of Tribulus terrestris, although much more research is needed to confirm these findings. The dietary supplement is often claimed to be beneficial for enhancing athletic performance, improving sexual function, and treating various medical conditions (such as kidney stones, gonorrhea, or eczema). It is currently not known whether there are any Tribulus terrestris benefits for children.
Possible Tribulus Terrestris Benefits
Tribulus terrestris is claimed to be beneficial for a variety of different uses. Some of the claimed benefits of Tribulus terrestris include:
- Enhancing athletic performance and increasing muscle mass
- Enhancing sexual function, including:
- Enhancing mood
- Treating the following medical conditions:
- Kidney stones
- Vertigo (a spinning sensation)
- Chest pain (angina)
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- High cholesterol
- Nasal tumors
- Mouth sores
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Indigestion or heartburn
- Sore throats
- Chronic fatigue syndrome.
There is little evidence to suggest that T. terrestris really works for many of these uses (see Does Tribulus Terrestris Work?).